Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lots happening in Tucson this month!!

Wow, Tucson is my spot for the month of August!! Not only is my 3 1/2 month long project going to be finally displayed at the Tohono Chul Park, but I am also participating in the Tucson Audubon Birding Festival!!

A few months ago I launched a Hatchfund Project, after I was asked to display a large body of work for the Tohono Chul Park Welcome Gallery. I decided to call the series "Celebrate Our Sonoran Desert Wildlife". It has taken almost 4 months to complete the body of work, and am looking forward to seeing it displayed at the gallery. 


Once again I want to thank Hatchfund.org and all of my contributors who so generously donated to my project. I was able to fund the administration fees, travel expenses, and artist materials to create this project. I was originally going to produce 24 pieces but because I went over my original maximum goal, I decided to expand the series to 29 pieces. I continued my new creations and painted 3 new paintings for the Tucson Audubon Birding Festival with the remaining materials. 

I am very excited about this show which is up through November 9th. I hope that if you can be in Tucson before that date, you will drop into Tohono Chul's Welcome Gallery and check it out!


This will be my second year participating in the Tucson Audubon Birding Festival and I look forward to it once again. I have some brand new artwork for this show and hope that you can stop by my booth if you are near the RiverPark Inn of Tucson AZ. Show starts on August 13-August 17th.




I hope to catch you in Tucson in mid August! 


No comments:

Post a Comment