Thursday, February 7, 2013

Getting Busier!


Since my last entry I have been approached by a gallery in Black Mountain, NC, ironically 4 months after moving from that very area! It is called the Mountain Nest Gallery.  The first series, 8" squares depict Birds in Dogwoods.
(seen here)


The second series, a group of four longer billed birds, are called Birds in Oaks, Brown Thrasher, Carolina Wren,  White breasted Nuthatch and Ruby throated Hummingbird. 





       The last painting for now, is one I call Northern Cardinal in the Blue Ridge Mountains...As you can see the colors on these Eastern paintings are more subdued colors for a more conservative crowd. When I was painting these, I was really missing my bright brights!! I had to stop and create a colorful painting just to satisfy my need for color! LOL!


Along with this ongoing project, I have been asked to paint an Olive Warbler for the New Mexico Ornithological Society Tshirt. And I have committed to showing my work down in San Diego for their Bird Festival at the end of the month! So I have some serious work to accomplish this month! To top it all off, I now have a large work space, a yurt which was raised on Groundhog's Day! We had a great group of helpers, a neighbor, his brother in law, and our helpful builder too. It was fun! Thanks guys!


We still have some work before I can use it, but it sure is cute to look at!! I am anxious to move in.
Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment